This Gluten-Free Crock Pot Recipe for Bacon Mushroom Ranch Chicken and Pasta. Sounds pretty amazing right?
There is nothing better than a Ranch Crock Pot Chicken recipe.
There’s no two ways about it; creating gluten-free meals has become easier as time goes on. This recipe is all about eating gluten-free and gluten free pasta is an excellent alternative to wheat pasta.
The real question was; will my kids eat the Ranch Crockpot Chicken? We have a family member that is gluten-intolerant, so I do need a good recipe in my back pocket for the occasions that I want to feed her pasta.
The reason that I wanted to make the classic Ranch Crockpot Chicken is that I wanted to take a combination that is one of the most beloved by busy families everywhere, creamy ranch and chicken in the crockpot, and turn it into a fabulous gluten-free dish. The sauce and chicken cooks all day while you are gone, and then you simply add the pasta when you are ready to eat.
May is Celiac Awareness Month and statistics show that more than 330,000 Canadians are believed to be affected by celiac disease. Almost everyone knows someone that has a gluten intolerance, and it’s a great new way to inspire recipes and innovation when it comes to eating gluten-free.
The pasta was a hit.
If you make sure that all of the other ingredients are gluten-free (the ranch mix, the mushroom soup and the bacon) then you have one amazing meal that is perfect for your #GlutenFreeFriday. Or any day of the week, really, when you find yourself swamped.
The kids honestly couldn’t even tell. Of course, I waited until the end of the meal to tell them that the pasta was gluten-free, and my daughter raised her eyebrows and said “Er, what? No it’s not.” So for my picky eater to not have any idea and scarf the pasta down without hesitation means that it’s a winner for us!
I am super excited to have a delicious gluten-free meal that is easy, and fast, not to mention oh-so comfort food delicious. This pasta combines a lot of my favorite flavours!
Be sure to share some of your favourite gluten free recipes with me throughout the month of May using #GlutenFreeFridays.
Happy Cooking everyone!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Gluten-Free Crock Pot Recipe - Bacon Mushroom Ranch Chicken and Pasta
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 9 hours
- Total Time
- 9 hours 10 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1 1 oz package Hidden Valley ranch dressing or another gluten-free one
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup gluten-free brand
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- parsley to garnish if wanted
- 1 340 g package of Gluten-Free Linguini
- Grease the inside of your crockpot. Place the chicken breasts on the bottom.
- Whisk together the other ingredients, (excepting pasta) then spoon over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
- When ready, prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- Shred the chicken into the sauce in the crockpot. IF needed, add a tiny but of milk to thin the sauce, but you might not always need to.
- Ladle over individual portions of the pasta to serve. Garnish with parsley (it helps to cut the richness of the sauce; I would definitely use it!)
Nutritional values may vary.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.