Gluten-Free Bacon Mushroom Ranch Crockpot Chicken n’ Pasta. Sounds pretty amazing right?
There is nothing better than a Ranch Crockpot Chicken recipe.
There’s no two ways about it; creating gluten-free meals has become easier as time goes on. My next recipe as part of the #CatelliFamilies network is all about eating gluten-free and their gluten free pasta line is an excellent alternative to wheat pasta. It’s made with the finest quality white and brown rice, corn and quinoa. It is also produced in Catelli’s dedicated gluten-free facility.
The real question was; will my kids eat the Ranch Crockpot Chicken? We have a family member that is gluten-intolerant, so I do need a good recipe in my back pocket for the occasions that I want to feed her pasta.
The reason that I wanted to make the classic Ranch Crockpot Chicken is that I wanted to take a combination that is one of the most beloved by busy families everywhere, creamy ranch and chicken in the crockpot, and turn it into a fabulous gluten-free dish. The sauce and chicken cooks all day while you are gone, and then you simply add the pasta when you are ready to eat.
May is Celiac Awareness Month and statistics show that more than 330,000 Canadians are believed to be affected by celiac disease. This is the perfect time to undertake #GlutenFreeFridays. Almost everyone knows someone that has a gluten intolerance, and it’s a great new way to inspire recipes and innovation when it comes to eating gluten-free.
The pasta was a hit.
If you make sure that all of the other ingredients are gluten-free (the ranch mix, the mushroom soup and the bacon) then you have one amazing meal that is perfect for your #GlutenFreeFriday. Or any day of the week, really, when you find yourself swamped.
The kids honestly couldn’t even tell. Of course, I waited until the end of the meal to tell them that the pasta was gluten-free, and my daughter raised her eyebrows and said “Er, what? No it’s not.” So for my picky eater to not have any idea and scarf the pasta down without hesitation means that it’s a winner for us!
I am super excited to have a delicious gluten-free meal that is easy, and fast, not to mention oh-so comfort food delicious. This pasta combines a lot of my favorite flavours!
Be sure to share some of your favourite gluten free recipes with me throughout the month of May using #GlutenFreeFridays.
If you are looking for more delicious gluten-free recipe ideas, make sure to check out the amazing recipes on Catelli’s website! There are so many great ideas there!
Happy Cooking everyone!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1 oz package Hidden Valley ranch dressing 1, or another gluten-free one
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup 10.75, gluten-free brand
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
parsley to garnish if wanted
- 1 g package of Catelli’s Gluten-Free Linguini 340
- Grease the inside of your crockpot. Place the chicken breasts on the bottom.
- Whisk together the other ingredients, (excepting pasta) then spoon over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
- When ready, prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- Shred the chicken into the sauce in the crockpot. IF needed, add a tiny but of milk to thin the sauce, but you might not always need to.
- Ladle over individual portions of the pasta to serve. Garnish with parsley (it helps to cut the richness of the sauce; I would definitely use it!)
- Serving Size: 6
Nutritional information is only an estimate. Actual nutritional numbers will vary due to cooking methods, your ingredient measurements and brands of products used.