How can Girl Guide Cookie Cheesecake not be a “thing”? How can it not be as popular as an Oreo cheesecake? Aren’t millions of these sold every year? Don’t we all look forward to those cute little kids peddling their sugary wares in the neighborhood?
For me, these cookies are a taste of my own childhood since I was a Brownie and a Girl Guide for more years than I remember. I remember selling these door to door to all of our neighbors -and I lived on an acreage! My poor parents had to drive me for hours to sell these cookies!
Back to this not being a “thing’. I had to come up with my own recipe for this, since I couldn’t find one online. I figured I could just take a fabulous cheesecake recipe and then add the cookies.
However, I didn’t have a fabulous cheesecake recipe.
Sooo I came up with one that has sour cream, heavy cream and cream cheese, because you all know I always have to make things crazy overloaded with awesome.
This is some serious awesome.
Now, I used only one box of cookies but let me tell you, you can add more to the batter if you like and heck, sprinkle some more on. The boxes contain only 20 cookies each, which is good enough for this recipe, but like I said, I like to overload on the awesome.
I wouldn’t hesitate to add another 4-5 crushed cookies into the batter and then load up the top as well!
Plus you’d be supporting Girl Guides even more by purchasing two boxes of cookies! And the leftovers? Well, I’m sure that you can think of something that you can do with them 😉
Who has sold Girl Guide Cookies in their youthful days gone by? Who had to take their own kids out this year and help them sell cookies? I almost wish the Rose was in Girl Guides so I could get my hands on more of these cookies easily!
Happy Baking everyone!
Love you more than I love chocolate,
- one package of Girl Guide Sandwich Filling Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 g packages of cream cheese softened 250
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter; mix well. Press firmly onto bottom and an inch and a half up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.Set aside.
- Crush 14 (7 chocolate, 7 vanilla) of the Girl Guide Cookies in a bag.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add in the cream and sour cream, until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Gently stir the chopped cookies into cream cheese batter. Pour over prepared crust.
- Crush the remaining 6 cookies and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool then refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve plain or topped with whipped cream.