It’s time for a little cheater recipe! It’s really only slightly cheating, you do use a cake mix but in order to make these bars amazing you have to add a bunch of stuff in as well. Molasses, spices, mmmm. So many good things!
This is exactly what you need this holiday season, it’s so fast, easy and it’s delicious as heck. Not to mention that everyone is going to be asking you where you got the recipe since it’s one of a kind!
Mmmm. Merry Christmas to me.
The pudding mix helps to make these cookie bars chewy and as you can see in the photo below the bars bake up beautifully.
Have fun baking these! One big pan of these is perfect for a large family dessert or something fabulous to take with you to your next holiday party. Be prepared to have the recipe ready to share with others!
Happy baking everyone!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your CHRISTMAS BAKING RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Gingersnap Cookie Bars
- Prep Time
- 3 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 box of Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 box of Instant Vanilla Pudding 4 serving
- 1/2 cup of fancy molasses
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla if wanted
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the cookies in a bowl and mix until there are no lumps. This will be an arm workout!
- Grease or spray a 9x13 baking pan.
- Place the cookie dough into the pan and spread out evenly; I butter my hands slightly and flatten it out.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cookie is set in the middle and the edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- To make the icing:
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy in a large mixing bowl. The paddle beater on a mixer works the best.
- Slowly add in the icing sugar and continue to beat until all the sugar is added and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread over the top of the completely cooled bars.
- Slice into square and serve!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie