I've been meaning to try out a new popcorn for Christmas for a while now and this year I finally got around to doing it. This cheery and very Christmas popcorn is covered in white chocolate then tossed with colored cherries and pecans to make a seriously delicious popcorn.
If you took out the nuts what a fun popcorn this would be for a children's school party! Oh and gifting this to your friends would make you the most popular baker on the block. They wouldn't have to know how seriously easy this is to make and pop into little bags for gifting.
Five minutes folks, is all it takes to throw this together and I mean literally. You melt the chocolate and then you mix everything together and let it harden on a baking sheet. No boiling of caramel, nothing.
Something this easy shouldn't taste this good, but of course, it's slathered in white chocolate so how can it NOT taste amazing? Plus those cherries. Oh, nothing says Christmas to me like those candied cherries! They just bring back such fond memories of my childhood and of my own son picking them off of shortbread cookie dough and eating them plain.
If you want them super cheery, sprinkle some nonpareils on top but I honestly don't like the added little crunch of them.
So here you go. I'm sure you have five minutes to make this sometime before Christmas! I would seriously bag this up and hand it out as gifts this year.
Speaking of which, how many of you actually gift baking? I usually gift a lot, this year a little less because we are so busy planning for vacation and all, but I still managed to get out some baking to teachers and friends as per usual.
I think homemade gifts are making a huge comeback and it's all Pinterest's fault! Truly, thanks to Pinterest I've seen a surge in so many people tackling projects (successfully or unsuccessfully) but the treats as gifts are growing and growing!
Thanks for stopping in everyone, let me know what you think of the recipe!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Christmas Party Popcorn
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 minute
- Total Time
- 6 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 8 cups popped popcorn about ½ cup kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups melted white chocolate chips OR candy melts
- 1 cup chopped red and green candied Christmas cherries
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons red, green and white sprinkles (non pareils) IF wanted
- Clean the popcorn of all kernels carefully.
- Sprinkle the salt over top evenly and place in a large bowl.
- In a large microwave safe dish, melt the chocolate on medium heat, stopping the microwave every 30 seconds to stir. Microwave until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Add in the pecans, cherries and sprinkles (optional). Stir until evenly mixed.
- Spread the popcorn out onto parchment lined baking sheets in one layer.
- Place it in the fridge or somewhere cool. Let harden, then break apart and place into a bowl to serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.