By now you all remember how I will eat anything for breakfast, leftovers, steak, a burger, it really doesn’t matter what food it is, I’m ok with it for breakfast. This new skillet came about because I was craving curry first thing in the morning.
I wanted a curried bean dish darn it and I was having it. So if you can get past beans for breakfast – and a lot of you are now converts – perhaps you can jump on the curry for breakfast bandwagon? I chose the Tomato and Cumin sauce from Patak’s because I wanted something that was only a medium spice but also wasn’t a well known flavor, such as a korma or a butter chicken sauce.
It was so darn good you guys. I can’t even begin to describe it. The creamy egg yolk cools down the spice slightly and the kale and beans are a match made in heaven.
If you were looking for an idea for a lovely brunch idea when you were having guests over, this would be it! What a surprise this would be for your company, a gorgeous curry skillet with eggs? Not only that, it’s a delightful vegetarian meal that is chock full of protein and vegetables.
So, do you think you would give curry for breakfast a try? I seriously can’t get over how amazing the eggs were in this dish, I mean, sure, we already know that drippy gorgeous egg yolks are amazing on just about everything but I never really thought about it with curried beans until now.
And now I can’t stop thinking about the next time I can make another curried bean & egg dish. I am sure it will be happening soon!
Love you more than chocolate,
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER or BREAKFAST RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Curried White Bean and Kale Skillet
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 millilitre jar Pataks Tomato & Cumin sauce 320
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce can of white navy beans rinsed and drained 19
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 2 cups of kale washed with ribs removed and shredded into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 10 inch well seasoned cast iron skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add in the kale and saute until soft. Add in the white beans.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Make four little pockets in the bean mixture and crack an egg into each one.
- Place in the oven and cook until the eggs are cooked but still a little bit wobbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
“Disclosure: I am part of the Patak’s Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”