Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby
Believe it or not, this Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby recipe wasn’t inspired by the fact that I love the Dutch and that I want to live in Amsterdam when I grow up. Dutch Baby pancakes are simply a delicious breakfast popover, also known as German pancakes, Bismarks or even a Dutch Puff. It’s a sweet breakfast popover, plain and simple, it just happens to be most commonly be called a Dutch Baby.
But really, who doesn’t want to live here? Oh Amsterdam, I miss you every day. You stole my heart and I can’t wait to visit you again someday.
‘Tis the season for quick breakfasts in the morning before we ship the kids off to school and we head to work. A Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby isn’t really that time-consuming, you whisk together the ingredients and then pour into a heated skillet, just like a Yorkshire Pudding, in essence. However once you get into the apples and sauce, it can take more time. A quick tip is to make the apples ahead of time and simply reheat.
Lord knows that it’s definitely apple season around here! I’m bucking the pumpkin trend now. Sometimes, it’s just too much darn pumpkin. Let me enjoy my first few Pumpkin Spice Latte’s until I’m tired of them and then let’s talk pumpkin recipes.
Am I right? Eesh. My Facebook feed is full of pumpkin, to the point where I’ve already had enough. That said, I certainly have a new recipe or two coming up that uses pumpkin, so I’ll have to join the fray. Maybe I should start doing everything backwards. Pumpkin in the spring. Lemon recipes in the fall. That way we all aren’t so darn tired of all these recipes and you will actually enjoy them instead of getting sick of them!
So has everyone made sure to check out my new YouTube channel? I am so very excited about this endeavour! Of course I started it when I’m the busiest lady possible, but that’s ok. I’m going to get my cookbook photos done for the middle of October and then you are all going to see massive amounts of new recipes and videos. I am so excited! For now though, make sure to head on over there and subscribe to my channel, you’ll get a notification whenever I post a new video!
The Pyrex Mail videos are so much fun to do, you HAVE to check them out!
Hope you are all having a fabulous week, love you more than chocolate!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
For the Apples:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 apples cored, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Beat eggs thoroughly and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar and salt together then add to the egg mixture in three parts, mixing completely after each addition until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the milk in slowly, beating continuosly to avoid lumps from forming.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Place a 9 or 10 inch oven safe skillet on the stove and heat on low. Melt the remaining 2 tbsp of butter. When pan is warm, pour the batter into skillet.
- Bake at 425 Â°F for 15-20 minutes until puffy and browned.
- While this is baking, melt the butter in a small pan and add the apples, sugar and cinnamon. Cook slowly, stirring, over low heat until the apples are glazed and softened slightly.
- Serve in the middle of the dutch baby OR on the side so each person can top their slice themselves.
- Spoon onto center of baked pancake or serve on the side.
- Serving Size: 4