Hurray for strawberry season! Oh, I wait all year for strawberries to become cheap and plentiful in the stores – and start growing again in my garden.
When it came time to think of a recipe that uses Olympic’s decadent Krema yogurt, dessert with strawberries was the plan.
Not that the Olympic Krema yogurt isn’t delicious enough on it’s own. It’s absolutely dreamy and decadent, an indulgent treat that I really love. Yogurt is a great addition to cakes, adding flavour AND tang to the final result.
Yogurt bundt cakes are my very favourite bundts to make, hands down, when it comes to using fruit in a bundt cake. This recipe will work with any flavour of yogurt and berry combination! Just let your imagination go wild!
I also decided that while I was at it, this cake needed a chocolate satin glaze and fresh strawberries on top.
I think that it was a pretty good decision.
If you want to try out some more recipes using Olympic’s yogurt products, head on over to their website here and check out all the deliciousness that you an make! From sweet to savory, the option are endless when it comes to using yogurt in your recipes!
Happy baking everyone!
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Ultima Foods, the opinions and language are my own.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your CAKE RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Yogurt Bundt Cake
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Total Time
- 1 hour 20 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of butter room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Olympic Krema Strawberry Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries sliced small
- Chocolate Satin Glaze
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoons white corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries sliced, if desired to top the cake
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk your dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter until it's light and fluffy. Mix in the sugars, beating until it's once again light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the eggs then add in the vanilla extract.
- Add the Krema yogurt and mix in thoroughly.
- Add in the dry ingredients, beat until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the strawberries by hand until incorporated.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan and pour the batter in. Tap the pan a couple of times on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 55-65 minutes until completely baked through. Test with a cake tester to make sure it’s done or like all Bundt cakes, it will collapse if under baked.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto a baking rack to cool.
- Combine the ingredients for the satin chocolate glaze in a large glass microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until the mixture is smooth and completely combined.
- Pour over the cake, then top with fresh strawberries if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.