This is most likely my favorite tinfoil dinner that I made this year camping. While I love the others, such as my Tex Mex White Bean Packets and my chili coconut scallops, loaded baked potatoes are a dish that’s near and dear to my heart.
It’s also easy, clean and you can eat it in the packet, if you are so inclined.
I was inclined.
No dishes to wash? Oh, yes please!
I mean, look at this. Who needs a plate when the food looks this darn tasty?
You can adjust the recipe accordingly, to fit as many people as you like. I made four packets, as we are a family of four, but it’s easy to make one per person for as many people as you like. This is a perfect recipe for day trips where you have a fire and a grill, at home on your BBQ, out camping at the lake or even just made in your own oven at home.
I love love love the no clean up. You wad the tinfoil and throw it in the garbage. Done. Easy peasy camping meal.
I like easy peasy. I’m lazy. Dishes and I just don’t get along.
Happy cooking everyone!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your CAMPING RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Campfire Grilled Loaded Baby Potatoes
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- cooking spray
- 4 inch large potatoes cut into small one pieces
- 2 tsp seasoning salt 1/4 tsp per packet
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 slices of lightly cooked bacon chopped
- 8 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the inside of four large sheets of tinfoil.
- Divide the potatoes, butter and bacon into 4 and place in the middle of each sheet, sprinkle the seasoning salt over the top; fold the tinfoil to enclose.
- Cook on the grill of a campfire, BBQ or a 400 degree oven until the potatoes are tender, approximately 25 minutes. Shake and turn the tinfoil packet every few minutes to avoid burning.
- Remove the packet from the heat and open carefully.
- Portion out the potatoes onto plates OR leave them into the packages, like we do. No dishes!
- Top with the (divided into 4) onion, cheese, sour cream and salt/pepper.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.