If you know how much we like Bourbon and how much I personally love cider, then you will understand quickly how this Bourbon Apple Cider Sangria came to be. I’ve essentially switched off of drinking beer since our last cruise when I decided to try Strongbow cider for the first time. Since that cruise and my discovery of ciders, I began to try all of the different types until I finally landed on Angry Orchard Crisp Apple which is my personal favorite.
Knowing how much I love the stuff but still love my Bourbon, Karlynn came up with this brilliant cacophony of apple flavors in the form of a Bourbon Apple Cider Sangria. She’s pretty brilliant. Let’s face it, who comes up with pairing triple sec, apple bourbon and cider together? Karlynn does, apparently. And it WORKS. It works far too well. This is some seriously easy drinking!
Ingredients in an Apple Cider Sangria
- apple juice
- Triple Sec
- Apple Bourbon
- hard apple cider
How to Make an Apple Cider Sangria
OK, time to prepare the drink. It’s super simple:
- Wash and slice an apple and a lemon then add to the jug.
- Now add in 1 cup of apple juice, 1/2 cup of Triple Sec, 1 cup of Jim Beam Apple Bourbon and 1 – 1.25 liters of your favorite hard cider.
- Add in some ice, pour into your roly poly (or any size glass really) and enjoy!
I hope you love it as much as we do, happy Thirsty Thursday!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your COCKTAIL RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Bourbon Apple Cider Sangria
- Prep Time
- 2 minutes
- Total Time
- 2 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 large apple washed and sliced the peel on
- 1 lemon washed and sliced
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup of Jim Beam Apple Bourbon
- 1- 1.25 liters of your favorite hard cider
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Add ice, if wanted, and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.