I'm really not into making weird sauces on my steaks, I love a good spiced BBQ'd steak and prefer to let the side dishes do all the fancy talkin'.
So this recipe was a perfect combination, I could put it on my steak, but it was a completely great side dish by itself. Plus it is SO fast to make!
And a healthy one to make up for all the red meat I eat in the summertime.
steak spice of your choice, I love Montreal Steak Spices
one green pepper
1 cup of beef stock
one tbsp cornstarch
My steak spice of choice. Plain ol' Montreal Steak Spice. Nothing better.
Git those steaks on the BBQ!
Saute the vegetables until they are tender.
Take your beef bouillon and put it into ¾ cup of water in a microwave safe container. Nuke the water until it's boiling, and then the bouillon will dissolve beautifully into it.
In the remaining ¼ cup of cold water,mix in the cornstarch, then whisk into the bouillon mix. Add the bouillon to the vegetables in the frying pan and stir until it thickens. Serve on top or beside the steak.
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
BBQ’d Steak With Sauteed Vegetables
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 36 ounces good steaks Six 6 oz
- 2 tablespoons steak spice
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- Git those steaks topped with steak spice on the BBQ!
- Sautee the vegetables until they are tender.
- Take your beef bouillon and put it into ¾ cups of water in a microwave safe container. Nuke the water until it's boiling, and then the bouillon will dissolve beautifully into it.
- In the remaining ¼ cup of cold water, mix in the cornstarch, then whisk into the bouillon mix.
- Add the bouillon to the vegetables in the frying pan and stir until it thickens. Serve on top or beside the steak.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.