Ugly Chicken Dinner.
Technically I suppose you can call this a chicken stew, but we aptly named it Ugly Chicken Dinner.
I threw together a bunch of ingredients on afternoon, turned on the crockpot and figured that my chances of the meal turning out were pretty good. How can you go wrong with boneless, skinless chicken thighs, a can of tomatoes and veggies?
This could also be named Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, because it was so darn incredibly tasty. However, it really is ugly chicken. It was hard to take a good picture of, looks like a terrible mess and dished out ugly.
Poor chicken dinner. I think I hurt its feelings.
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 red potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups of carrots
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp of Vegeta vegetable boullion (gluten free)
- Place the tomatoes and boullion in the crockpot. Combine and then taste test to make sure you have enough flavor from the boullion. You don’t want it too salty, but add more to your preferred taste if you want.
- Place all the rest of your ingredients into the crockpot and then cook on low for 8 hours. The chicken will start to fall apart in an oh-so lovely way when it’s done.
- Serve over steamed rice, or gluten-free noodles.
It’s hard to believe that something so good was so easy. This has joined the rotation of crockpot meals in our household. It suited everyone’s tastes, my son would actually eat the chicken in this, my daughter eats everything except the carrots – she hates cooked carrots, loves them raw however- and both kids took this for lunch at school the next day.
Winner winner ugly chicken dinner!
Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!
Winter is Obviously Getting To My Brain Magpie