I am sure there were more than a few eyebrows raised at the thought of any Eggs Benedict recipe being an easy recipe! I kid you not, this recipe does the trick beautifully when time is limited, it doesn’t need to be an all morning production. The real secret is being prepared with everything ready to go!
I have fed a large amount of people with my production line method!
I do have a couple of tips!
First, get out your slotted spoon and a deep pan. I prefer a pan, as the lack of depth seems to help keep the eggs together better. Could just be a false perception, but hey, I go with it. You also MUST have a slotted spoon!
Put a tablespoon of vinegar into your water. My mother swears that it holds the eggs together while poaching, and it seems to work like a charm for me, so why not? Anything is better than arguing with my mother. .
I have made this eggs Benedict recipe time and time again and it gets easier every time! The timing is what makes tackling an eggs benedict recipe difficult, but hopefully the steps I’ve outlined help you out!
The Dreaming of Eggs Benny Every Weekend Magpie
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 English muffins, 1/2 of one for each egg cooked
- 4 slices of Canadian Bacon
- Get out your slotted spoon and a deep pan of water, set the pan onto the stove and start it on its way to boiling. I prefer a pan, as the lack of depth seems to help keep the eggs together better.
- Put a tablespoon of vinegar into your water.
- Lightly butter the English muffins and place on a baking sheet. Place the slices of Canadian bacon beside them on the sheet.
- Put the sheet into the oven and broil them for a few minutes. The bacon can dry out, so make sure the sheet is on the middle rack of the over. During these few minutes, you are going to tackle poaching eggs!
- Carefully drop your eggs into the boiling water, and cook for about 3 minutes. You want those yolks soft and runny!
- Prepare the Blender Hollandaise
- Take out the English muffins and place one piece on a plate, followed by a piece of the Canadian bacon.
- Remove the eggs using a slotted spoon so that the water drains and place an egg on top of each English muffin.
- Top with hot Hollandaise sauce and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
Nutritional information is only an estimate. Actual nutritional numbers will vary due to cooking methods, your ingredient measurements and brands of products used.