These deep, dark, decadent mint chocolate chip cookies are my favorite flavors in a cookie! Mint and chocolate are the perfect pairing when it comes to a cookie. This cookie is a chocolate cookie dough with mint chocolate chips.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
These mint chocolate chip cookies aren’t a green cookie dough (those are coming near Christmas time!) but a chocolate cookie dough with MINT chocolate chips. It’s the reverse of those green cookies basically. You can add in some mint extract to the chocolate cookie dough if you want, but sometimes it’s nice to have a completely different cookie than an all mint one.
Chocolate Chips vs Mint Baking Chips
While I do use brown, real chocolate chips that are mint flavored, feel free to use the green-colored mint flavored chips if you prefer them. The difference is that the “baking chips” aren’t real chocolate, so while they look green and pretty, I prefer using a REAL chocolate chip that is mint flavored. Less of that weird coating feeling in your mouth when you eat them if that makes sense. (if you know, you know.) However it can be harder to find real chocolate chips that have mint flavoring, that is another conundrum!
Tips & Tricks For Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Always under bake your cookies for the softest, chewiest cookies ever!
- This recipe will work just fine with any type of mint chocolate chips, even the green ones!
- If you want extra minty cookies, you can add 1/4 tsp mint extract.
If you are wanting some other great cookie recipes, try these:
- Copycat DoubleTee Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Walnut Loaded Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Perfectly Chewy, Ice Cream Sandwich Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Double Mint Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Pin this to your Cookies Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- one 12-13 ounce package of Mint Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl, making sure that the cocoa isn't lumpy and is well mixed in.
- In your mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until it's light-colored and fluffy.
- Then add in your eggs, one at time, beating them in completely after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Using the mixer on the lowest speed setting, slowly add in the dry mixture little by little, until it has all been added and mixed in thoroughly. Add in the whole bag of chocolate chips and mix until they are just evenly through the dough.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake in the 350 °F oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Remember that the key to wonderful cookies is just under baking them by a minute or so and this is especially important with these cookies as the cocoa can dry things out. After a minute of so of cooling on the sheets, remove the cookies onto a rack to cool completely.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.