Lemon Garlic Dill Shrimp & Potatoes in Foil Packets. I rarely rough it while camping and these are an easy, delicious meal!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh dill weed ( or 2 tsp dry)
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined – and STILL FROZEN!
- 1 lb potatoes
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. ( just break the frozen shrimp apart)
- Lay out two sheets of tinfoil ( double thickness). Spray with cooking spray.
- Divide the potatoes and shrimp evenly between the two.
- Fold the tinfoil, creating a sealed packet.
- Cook on the campfire, BBQ or in your oven until the potatoes are tender, around 30 minutes or so. Shake occasionally while cooking to prevent the food from sticking/burning.
The key is to use frozen shrimp so that they take longer to cook alongside the potatoes. If you are camping, cook these the first night!
I am a dill freak, so I double the dill in this!