Yes. Yes. Yes.
Yes I did.
I took a half pound giant Reese’s Peanut Butter cup, put it in the middle of a skillet, surrounded it with chewy brownie batter, added in more baby peanut butter cups, baked it, rolled my eyes heavenward and said “Amen.”
I might even do it again.
When I have company over.
*commence fainting spell*
This, ladies and gentleman, has been brewing in my mind since I first found out that indeed it wasn’t just urban legend, there were in fact, half pound Reese’s peanut butter cups. In Canada.
Sometimes, when a recipe is this good, I have this urge to apologize profusely. Tell your hips I am sorry. Tell your blood sugar levels that I apologize, that I feel bad for your treadmills getting extra workout time and that you now have to stock up on giant PB cups before they disappear, just so you are secure in the knowledge that you can make this at any time you please.
I will unapologetically tell you that you can purchase said Giant PB cups at Superstore as of right now! GO! GO! GO!
This reaches the levels of dinner company dessert. I would place it in the middle of the table so everyone has a good look at its beauty and dish it out one piece at a time to your lucky guests. I have a dinner on November 24th with friends who are PB cup crazy just like we are and I do believe I will be taking this over, skillet and all. What a simple yet gorgeous presentation this is baked in the skillet! If you want perfect presentation, cool this almost all the way so that even the chocolate cuts nicely, then re-warm if wanted. If you want it warm and gooey at the start, then cool it enough that you can cut it nicely, but the best slice is when it’s cooled completely, of course!
Not to mention the ooh’s and aah’s over the fact that you baked a half pound peanut butter cup into a skillet brownie. That just plain makes you awesome.
Serve this gorgeous baby warm -you can cool it for quite a while and it will still be warm in that skillet- and topped with vanilla ice cream…slightly melting over top of it…it even cuts and plates like a superstar.
Chewy, rich brownie…with mini peanut butter cups intermingled…. a tip of giant peanut butter cup to cap it off…..warm, melty, peanut butter cup goodness topped with melting vanilla ice cream……
I expect you will all be stampeding to your nearest Superstore tomorrow morning.
This Was All My Dreams Come True In One Dessert Magpie
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1 Giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
- 1 cup of mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- one 9 well seasoned cast iron skillet
- Melt the butter in a pot, remove from the heat and stir in the white sugar.
- Once that is combined, mix in your cocoa.Add in your eggs and mix it very well.Once it's all done, add in your flour and barely stir it in. Just barely.
- Unwrap and place the giant peanut butter cup right in the center of your seasoned skillet
- Pour the brownie batter around the peanut butter cup, making sure not to get it on top.
- Place the mini peanut butter cups around the large one in the brownie batter, pressing into the batter until the tops are level with the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the brownie batter is cooked
- .If you want perfect presentation, cool this almost all the way.If you want it warm and gooey, then cool it enough that you can cut it nicely, but the best slice is when it's cooled completely, of course!