I think I am going to commit a cardinal sin here, so if you are worried for the state of my soul, please, stop reading now.
I don’t like zucchini loaves.
There. It’s off my chest. I have never found a zucchini loaf that I love, or that loves me back. This does not include any chocolate cake zucchini concoctions of course. But loaves, a true bread, has escaped me.
And I realized why. I hate cinnamon in zucchini loaves. So I took out any spices, added cocoa, and chocolate chips, and zing! Here we go!
If you like a good chocolate zucchini taste, my Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe is rich and indulgent! This is just a nice loaf, that cake is seriously decadent!
There’s nothing better than a basic chocolate zucchini loaf!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two standard loaf pans and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, white sugar and oil.
- Stir in the sour cream and the zucchini.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, then stir into the wet mixture.
- Once combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide between the two loaf pans and bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove, cool in pans for 5 minutes then turn out onto baking racks to cool completely.
These loaves freeze exceptionally well!
- Serving Size: 1