Amazing rich chocolate buttercream icing, so dang decadent!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 3 ounce one squares of melted then cooled semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 1/4 – 3 3/4 cups icing sugar
- Melt your three chocolate squares in the microwave, slowly and carefully until they are liquidy smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the butter in your mixer until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in the cocoa, beating until combined.
- When the chocolate is cool, add it to the butter. Make sure it’s cooled!!
- Add the instant coffee to one tablespoon of cream, then add to the butter mixture.
- Now you can put in the icing sugar one cup at a time, beating until combined.
- Adjust the thickness/texture by using another tablespoon of cream, adding it slowly until the texture you want is achieved.