This is most likely my favorite tinfoil dinner that I made this year camping. While I love the others, such as my Tex Mex White Bean Packets and my chili coconut scallops, loaded baked potatoes are a dish that’s near and dear to my heart.
It’s also easy, clean and you can eat it in the packet, if you are so inclined.
I was inclined.
No dishes to wash? Oh, yes please!
I mean, look at this. Who needs a plate when the food looks this darn tasty?
You can adjust the recipe accordingly, to fit as many people as you like. I made four packets, as we are a family of four, but it’s easy to make one per person for as many people as you like.
This is a perfect recipe for day trips where you have a fire and a grill, at home on your BBQ, out camping at the lake or even just made in your own oven at home.
I love love love the no clean up. You wad the tinfoil and throw it in the garbage. Done. Easy peasy camping meal.
I like easy peasy. I’m lazy. Dishes and I just don’t get along.
Happy cooking everyone!
- 4 inch large potatoes cut into small one pieces
- 2 tsp seasoning salt 1/4 tsp per packet
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 slices of lightly cooked bacon chopped
- 8 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the inside of four large sheets of tinfoil.
- Divide the potatoes, butter and bacon into 4 and place in the middle of each sheet, sprinkle the seasoning salt over the top; fold the tinfoil to enclose.
- Cook on the grill of a campfire, BBQ or a 400 degree oven until the potatoes are tender, approximately 25 minutes. Shake and turn the tinfoil packet every few minutes to avoid burning.
- Remove the packet from the heat and open carefully.
- Portion out the potatoes onto plates OR leave them into the packages, like we do. No dishes!
- Top with the (divided into 4) onion, cheese, sour cream and salt/pepper.
- Serving Size: 4
Nutritional information is only an estimate. Actual nutritional numbers will vary due to cooking methods, your ingredient measurements and brands of products used.