A healthier take on banana bread using applesauce and buttermilk.
- 2 very ripe bananas (peels should have brown spots), roughly mashed
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 large Egg beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp . Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp . Salt
- 1/2 tsp . Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the bananas, applesauce and egg; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the banana blend alternately with the buttermilk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. The loaf is done when a toothpick/butterknife inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- When the pan is cool enough to handle, remove loaf from the pan and cool on a baking rack.
- Serving Size: 6