It’s banana cream pie baked into a cake! Add in a creamy cheesecake glaze and this is one over the top banana-lovers dream!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 package of Cook & Serve Banana Pudding/Pie Filling 85- 99g
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup room temperature cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard Bundt pan.(the 12 cup capacity)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.Add in the banana pudding mix and mix on low for 3-4 minutes to dissolve the pudding mix.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is thoroughly incorporated.
- Combine the milk, oil and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup or bowl.
- Starting with the dry ingredients, alternate pouring a third of the wet and dry ingredients into the bowl, incorporating thoroughly after each addition. You will end on the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes after the last addition.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Invert the cake onto a baking rack to cool.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth & drizzle over the cake, once it’s completely cool.
- Top with fresh banana slices right before serving and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1cake