Three cheers for zucchini season! Oh, I might not be saying that in about a week when my zucchini explodes, but there is nothing like the excitement over the first few zucchini in your garden in the summer! This time next week I will most likely be dropping zucchini off on my neighbours doorsteps, ringing the bell and running away, but for now, I am exulting in the taste of summer squash!
I’m not sure if I have ever made a zucchini cookie before and I’m now regretting that I haven’t added them to my repertoire before this. Zucchini makes a lovely cakey cookie and while I am not usually a fan, these cookies are definitely something special!
Look at that little green speck. So cute!
Mike promptly ate four of these without breathing ( how the heck he stays so skinny I’ll never know) and declared them “Crack Cookies”. My daughter who initially turned up her nose at them because of the zucchini actually ate them and like them.
They are cakey, delicious little chocolate delights.
Could I even venture to stay they are healthy for you because of the zucchini? Oh, if only! If they can’t be healthy at least they can be a great way to use up some of the abundant zucchini that we find ourselves with this time of year!
I do have more zucchini recipes on the way! Stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping in and reading everyone! Love you more than chocolate!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda in small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar in large mixer bowl until well combined ; add egg and vanilla extract, beat well.
- Add in the zucchini; then gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the oats, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon or cookie scoop 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.