Work with Karlynn, The Kitchen Magpie
The Kitchen Magpie is a diverse food and lifestyle blog which covers all aspects of family life, from delicious home made meals for families to parenting reviews and news. Karlynn lives in Edmonton, Alberta but travels near and far to attend media events, sponsored trips, conferences and more.
Website Accolades and Achievements
- The Kitchen Magpie website has a dedicated and rapidly growing audience who are searching for real food and recipes that are attainable for the average family. This audience also looks for advice and information regarding places to eat, what products to buy and opinions on family matters.
- Karlynn was named one of FriendsEat.com’s Top 50 Food Bloggers of 2011
- The Kitchen Magpie won awards for two years straight in the Life Category as well as Gardening in the 2011 Canadian Weblog Awards, which showcases the site’s diversity
- For exact website statistics, please use the form below to contact Karlynn and she can provide you with the necessary information.
About The Kitchen Magpie herself, Karlynn Johnston
- Karlynn has participated in many local Edmonton events; some of which include judging the Edmonton Downtown Business Association’s Chili contest, the Sturgeon County Bounty and many more. You can learn about the events she’s attended through this very site.
- She is also the creator of the Culinary Arts Cook Off , a local food event that raised an unprecedented amount of funding for a local Arts Core school & received extensive media coverage. She’s comfortable in front of the camera and has been on Breakfast TV as well as Global Television promoting her event.
- Karlynn has been thrilled to dive into the local food scene and as a result has established many relationships and friendships with Edmonton’s top chefs, restauranteurs and local personalities and as a result, is often engaged in their events throughout the city. If you’d like to see where she is next, visit her Where I’ll Be page.
- She has been featured in many publications, online and print, such as The Edmonton Journal, The Nait Nugget and Friends Eat. She has also had her work published in Mumsense Magazine and The Edmonton Journal for book reviews, parenting articles and recipes respectively.
At this time, The Kitchen Magpie offers the following:
- 125×125, 300×250 and 120×600 ad space is currently available for purchase. Additional sizes are available upon request. Please email using the form below for more information on pricing.
- Karlynn loves to take on unique projects or advertising ideas and would love to hear your thoughts on how you can work together.
Attendance at Media Launches
- Karlynn has extensive experience attending and promoting media launches through online methods including posts, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Examples of events in the past are The Downtown Dining Week and The Downtown Chili Cook Off.
Product Promotion Through Tours, Events, Giveaways and Product Reviews
- Karlynn is happy to collaborate with companies desiring product promotion through writing, giveaways, recipe creations featuring products, social media or advertising.
- Some of the recent promotion events she has participated in include partnering with Bogs Footwear, Chobani Greek Yogurt, Tree Top Orchards and Winefest. Follow the links to read about the companies and the work she has completed with them.
- Only products and events that fit in with the ideals and philosophy of The Kitchen Magpie website will be considered.
- Please email her for more information on her availability and rates.
- She attends several blogging and food events throughout the course of the year. If you would like to have Karlynn attend your event and provide her unique form of coverage (social media promotion, blogging and photography), please don’t hesitate to let her know.
You can use the form below to contact Karlynn: