Well I can truly say these were a smash hit with the crew at Breakfast Television here in Edmonton this morning and for good reason.
I mean, it’s Nutella and Strawberries. Right there, it’s a winner.
When you add in the fact that they are easy, fast and anyone can make them?
Winner winner Nutella for dinner!
Now, make sure to check out the other recipe that was featured on Breakfast Television, my Oreo Chocolate Pudding Cookies. Oh. My. Word. Those are another sweet tooth delight!
I had mentioned on TV that you could make a healthier version of these, but because the theme today was “Cheating in the Kitchen” well, I went all out on these babies. White bread, Nutella, butter…yes, Hello cheating.
Happy cooking everyone! If you want to check me out on Breakfast Television making these exact French toast rolls, watch the video below!
Love you more than Nutella,
- 12 slices white sandwich bread - square shaped is best!
- sliced strawberries (small pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk cup milk
- dash of vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- butter for the frying pan
- Remove the crust from the bread.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out each piece of bread.
- Spread the Nutella onto the bread. Place a few pieces of strawberries on top.
- Roll the bread up tightly and place seam side down while you are making the rest.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together in a shallow bowl or small pan.
- Combine the sugar with the cinnamon on a small plate.
- Heat a skillet set over medium heat and melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Take each roll and dip into the egg mixture, coating completely.
- Place them in the pan seam side down.
- Cook until golden brown, making sure to turn them so they brown on all sides.
- Remove the fully cooked rolls from the frying pan and place immediately into the cinnamon sugar and roll until completely covered in sugar.
- Serve plain, with syrup or my brown sugar sauce.