> 1 cup milk
> 1 egg, beaten
> 1 tbs butter or margarine
> 3 tbs sugar
> 3⅓ cups flour
> Saskatoon Filling
> ¾ tsp yeast
> ⅓ cup water
> 1 tbs lemon juice
> 1 cup fresh saskatoon berries
> ¼ cup sugar
> 2 tbs cornstarch
1. First you add the milk. Check your instructions for your own bread machine, but mine is wet ingredients first.Beat that egg and throw it into the milk.Add the butter.Then the flour…..and then the yeast. Use your pasta/dough setting.
2. Time for the sauce.
3. Bring the water and lemon juice to a boil in the pot.Once its boiling, add your saskatoons or blueberries, and bring to a boil again. Turn down the heat on the burner at this point.
4. Whisk together your sugar and cornstarch, then add to the pot.
5. Stir constantly until the mixture is clear, and it does clear up, even though at first it looks like it will stay a cornstarch cloud forever. Put your masterpiece in the fridge to cool.
6. When the dough is ready, Put it on a lightly floured surface.
7. Separate into two pieces, roll them into two rectangles that are about 14 inches by 9 inches. Cut the dough like the picture above.
8. Spread your pie filling in the middle.
9. Criss cross the dough until the filling is covered and place on a greased sheet.
10. Brushed with melted butter.
11. Cover, and let them rise until they look like puffy.
12. Preheat your oven to 350 and bake until they are golden brown.