Ingredients for the easy buttertarts recipe
> 1 cup of brown sugar
> ½ cup of raisins
> ⅓ cup or margarine or butter, melted
> 1 egg
> 2 tablespoons of cream
> 1 tsp vanilla
> unsweetened and unbaked tart shell
1. Kick the tires and light the fires to 375 degrees
2. Melt your margarine, then add in the vanilla,egg, cream and brown sugar. The lovely part about these is they are SO easy and fast to make. Throw it all in, mix the ever-livin’ devil out of it, and you are good.
3. Now add in your raisins, and half a cup is the bare minimum I use. I find that sometimes there is too much liquid and not enough raisins by the time I reach the end, be brave and just add in what you need at that point.
4. Put your tart shells, still frozen, on the tray and fill a good ¾ of the way. I say still frozen because I have found when they are defrosted the filling leaks through the pasty, not ruining them, but making them softer. A good frozen tart shell will hold the contents in, and cook at the same time.
5. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes, until the rims of the tarts are beautifully browned.