Ingredients needed for banana loaf recipe:
> 1/2 cup margarine or butter
> 1 cup of sugar
> 2 eggs
> 1 cup of banana, equals about 3 medium bananas
> 2 cups of flour
> 1 tsp of Baking Soda
> 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 1 tsp vanilla
1. Kick the tires and light the fires to 350 degrees.
2. So take your butter or margarine and cream it with the sugar.
3. Add your two eggs and mix them in thoroughly.
4. Time for the ripe bananas. The riper they are, the sweeter your banana loaf will be.
5. Smash ‘em up, as my kids would say. Completely mashed up without many big chunks in them.
6. Mix them in with the wet ingredients you have already combined.
7. Add a plop of vanilla. Ok, fine, a teaspoon of vanilla for those of you who are picky with measurements. Measuring, smeasuring.
8. Time for baking soda… 1 teaspoon..and baking powder, 1/2 a teaspoon..and shake a bit of salt in as well at this point. I don’t measure salt often. You can’t make me. I shake salt.
9. Whisk it together.
10. Add the dry to your wet ingredients and mix until they are well combined. If you desire walnuts at this point, go ahead and throw them in. I don’t. My little magpies sit and pick out all the nuts if I dare put them in, leaving a huge crumb mess and lots of complaining. By me.
11. Grease and flour a loaf pan please!
12. Pour your batter into the loaf pan, and bake in your 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, until a knife inserted comes out clean as a whistle.