Today, I am dreaming of having time to make my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes. It must be the warm sun beaming through my window, warming my back as I work on my website -oh, the back-end work that is going on right now is insane! – and seeing all my favorite recipes as I work on sorting out my categories on my site. So close, so pretty….so not any time to make them!
If you noticed, my categories have been moved around, renamed and I’m slowly placing posts where they belong. A category refresh and renewal is past due by about two years and I finally got around to doing it.
I was mainly prompted by the fact that I had no category to put all my fishing posts. All this writing about berry picking, my huge Sasaktoon Berry Week last summer plus weekend upon weekend of ice fishing this year and I had no category that made any sense! So you will now see “The Wild” as a new category, where all my berry picking, fishing, mushroom hunting, geocaching, hiking and so many things will be posted. We spend far too much time outdoors to not have a category all about our outdoors adventures!
So slowly over the next two months or so the site is going to be cleaned up internally – which no one but me sees, sadly, so much work! – and the outside you see will change as well. My site is always a work in progress and spring fever has set in!
Back to the chocolate chip cookie recipes.
I always list my Crunchy chocolate chip cookie recipe as my top favorite. I can’t help it, they are so buttery, crispy yet melt in your mouth…these are cookie perfection!
Please bake some now and bring to me.
Crispy, buttery chocolate chip cookie recipe! These are buttery perfection!
- 2½ cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1¼ cups of white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 375 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- When that is done, fold in the two cups of chocolate chips by hand, and prepare to put them on some parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball, 12 per cookie sheet.
- Take a glass and using the bottom, flatten out each cookie. If the cookie sticks, start wetting the bottom of the glass with water, they will come right off.
- Flatten each of them as much as you can. This is a dry dough – no sticky chewiness going on here- but it’s just wet enough to make perfect little flat cookie patties.
- Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on the sheets completely.
- These turned out to be wonderfully crispy, crunchy and were surprisingly a hit with everyone. The butter flavor really is apparent in these ones due to the lack of flavor that comes with brown sugar, but that isn’t a bad thing at all. Buttery, crispy little bites of chocolate heaven!