The contest is now closed! Congrats to commenter #76 Angela M! I’ll be contacting you via email for your information!
The Egg Farmers of Canada know exactly how hard we Moms work and with that, they are celebrating everything “Mom” by giving away a lovely basket for one lucky reader of mine today!
This fabulous basket is worth over $50 and includes:
- A muffin tin
- a “Get Cracking” apron,
- Microwave egg cookers, perfect for moms-on-the-go
- A magnetized grocery list
- The Farmers’ Favourite recipe booklet
- A $20 grocery store gift card to buy all the fresh ingredients you need for their delicious Baked Egg cups recipe!
Bring the whole family together and treat mom with this quick and delicious Baked Egg Cups recipe. To add to the fun this Mother’s Day, visit the Egg Farmers Facebook page between May 1-15 to find out how to access your coupon to save $1.00 off the purchase of 2 dozen eggs, and check out the how-to video recipe for Baked Egg Cups to help make sure your special brunch is speggtacular!
After all, mother does know best: over 90 percent of Canadians consider food from within their province to meet their standards for freshness, with more than half believing that imported food cannot be fresh.
Some more of the survey’s highlights:
- 75 percent say food/produce must get from the farm to the grocery store within seven days to be deemed fresh
- Eighty-two percent of Canadians polled say they are confident the eggs they buy are fresh. This was the highest scoring category in the question that also asked about poultry, beef, vegetables and fruits
- Results for people preferring food produced within their province are identical regardless of education and income levels.
Through the system of supply management, the Egg Farmers of Canada share and support the values championed by Canadian moms by providing fresh eggs that meet their high standards of quality, are local, and fresh all year long.
For more information on what you can do with eggs, visit http://www.eggs.ca for recipes, tips, and more!
How do you win?
Your main entry: I always want to ask everyone to write a poem or an ode to my beauty, but you know what? You’re here, you’re reading my blog, that’s good enough for me. Really, see how non-high maintenance I am? True story. So this time I am asking you to leave your name and what you are giving Mom for Mother’s Day! Or, what YOU really want for Mother’s Day!
Would you like extra entries?
Who wouldn’t? Each item you do from the list below will get you ONE chance to win (for a total of 4 chances) and if you already do both, then all the easier for you to enter, they already count. So make sure to comment for each item!
You have to leave each entry as a separate comment or only one comment will count!
1. Follow @KitchenMagpie on Twitter and then tweet the following statement then come back to this post and tell me you tweeted. “I just entered to win an Egg Farmers of Canada prize pack from @kitchenmagpie, enter here http://bit.ly/ZNznvY! ”
2. Like The Kitchen Magpie on Facebook
3. Share the Kitchen Magpie Facebook Page with your Facebook friends and leave a comment on here saying you did!
The contest will close Monday, May 13th and I will notify the winner.
-This giveaway is open to Canadian Residents Only
-The winner will be generated via a random number generator software program and will be notified via the contact email provided on the comment contact form.
The views and opinions expressed on The Kitchen Magpie are purely my own and based upon my personal experiences with the products. I was not monetarily compensated for a positive review or giveaway