Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
- Flour 2 cups
- sugar ⅓ cup
- baking powder 2 tsp
- baking soda ½ tsp
- cinnamon 1 tsp
- ¼ cup of cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup of shredded apple
- ½ cup of milk
- sugar and cinnamon for sprinkling if desired
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. Combine all of your dry ingredients, and mix them together well. If you like spicier scones, add another ½ tsp cinnamon, or better yet, some nutmeg or cloves.
- Cut in the ¼ cup or margarine or butter.
- Shred your apple. Add the shredded apple, then the milk and mix until they form a soft dough. Add a bit of flour if the dough is too sticky, it really depends on how moist your shredded apple is.
- Knead a few times, working some extra flour into it until it is barely sticky. Divide into two balls of dough.
- Flatten until they are two circles that are about 6 inches in diameter. If you like, scour lines on the top to divide them into 6 pieces.
- Place them on a well greased baking sheet and sprinkle them with brown sugar and/or cinnamon.
- Pop into the over and bake for 15- 20 minutes until they are golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/apple-sconerecipe/