Seared Halibut With Lemon Caper Sauce
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: main course,seafood,fish
- 2 halibut steaks
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 of a lemon, zested and juiced
- Rinse and pat dry your halibut. For lucky people who have family members who actually eat seafood, this recipe has enough sauce for two servings.
- Dredge the fish through the flour.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and start cooking the fish. You can sprinkle on some pepper at this point, some salt, season it up a bit. Cook on a medium heat so the butter doesn’t burn.
- In another small pot, start the butter melting and add the minced garlic.
- The steaks should take about 6 minutes per side on a medium heat and when they are done, flake like this.
- So the sauce is made in a separate pot. Add in the lemon juice, parsley, capers,wine and zest.
- Simmer it a while until the liquid is reduced.
- Serve like this, place the fish steak on the plate and drizzle the sauce, heavy on the lovely tidbits that are in the sauce.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/seared-halibut-with-lemon-caper-sauce