Peanut Butter Bars
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: dessert,bars, squares
- Bottom Layer:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups of chocolate graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup of crushed peanuts
- Middle Layer
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 3/4 natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 5 tbsp of cream
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a saucepan, when it’s melted together quickly beat in the egg, making sure there are no lumps.
- Crush up a cup of peanuts and mix together with the graham crumbs. Pour the melted butter sugar mixture in and combine well.
- Press into a 9×9 pan. It will feel greasy, but once it hardens in the fridge it holds together perfectly.
- Cream all the ingredients for the middle layer together with your mixer.
- Mmmmm. Peanutty goodness.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the crumb base, due to the peanut butter it isn’t as creamy, so you can actually press it down with your hands as well.
- Melt the topping mixture and pour it over the top.
- If you want, you can add peanuts on top, it makes it all purty.
- Refrigerate the bars for a few hours, then cut and serve.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/peanut-butter-bars