Honey Lime Chicken
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: main course,chicken
- 1 tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chicken Coating:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup margarine
- 6-8 pieces of chicken
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 400 degrees.
- The store only had Key limes. It takes a lot to get juice out of these little buggers but I was craving a lime chicken.
- Whisk together all your dry ingredients for the coating in a bowl. Beat the egg in a smaller bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the flour first.
- Then in the egg.
- Then back into the flour for a good coating.
- Place on either a well greased sheet or a foil lined one. I think next time I will grease the sheet instead, it makes the bottom of the chicken crispier.
- Now sprinkle the black pepper over the top, I used freshly ground pepper.
- Chop up your garlic and zest yourself some lime.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is done, all wonderfully golden and crispy like below.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/honey-lime-chicken/