Sweet & Sour Chicken Shish Kabobs
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: main course,bbq
- ½ cup of white sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ⅔ cup of water
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ⅓ cup of vinegar
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- fresh pineapple chunks
- red,green & orange peppers
- large “stuffer” mushrooms
- bite sized chicken breast pieces
- Take all of your sauce ingredients, except the cornstarch and ⅓ cup of water, and combine them in a pot.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring well.
- Mix the ⅓ cup of water and the cornstarch together, then whisk into the hot sauce in the pot. Cook a little bit more until it’s thickened up.
- Get your skewers ready.
- Take a good half a cup of the sauce out of the pot and use to brush on the skewers. This sauce will now only be used to brush on the skewers while barbecuing, making it well, germy.
- Get the skewers on the BBQ and cook until the chicken is done, brushing with more sauce frequently.
- I use the rest of the sauce to drizzle on what comes off the skewers and the rice, which gives it all that extra flavor.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/sweet-sour-chicken-shish-kabobs/