The Best Biscuits Ever
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: baking,
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of cheese
- 2/3 milk
- Butter Topping:
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 425 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients well, take a whisk to them or sift. Then cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse crumbs.
- Melt the butter for the topping in the microwave with the garlic and parsley. I melted it together to soften up the parsley a bit.
- Once the butter is cut in, pour the milk in, add the cheese and combine.
- Roll the dough out until it’s about 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick, then use either a biscuit cutter, or a glass to cut out the biscuits.
- Using your pastry brush, brush copious amounts of the butter sauce on the top of the biscuits and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until they have risen and are starting to brown on top.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/the-best-biscuits-ever