Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: slow cooker
- 2 cups of diced, cooked chicken meat
- 10 cups of assorted vegetables (carrots, potatoes, celery, mushrooms)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 6 cups of water
- 2-3 tsp of powdered vegetable boullion
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Place the chicken,garlic and vegetables into the slow cooker.
- Mix together the boullion and water, then pour over the vegetables.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, until the vegetables are soft.
- Take the cornstarch and mix it into a small amount of water.
- Stir into the stew, quickly whisking it in.
- Cook the stew for 10 minutes more, letting it thicken. You may add more cornstarch to get your desired thickness.
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/slow-cooker-chicken-stew