Healthy Crockpot Spaghetti
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: crockpot
- 2 jars of your choice of spaghetti sauce
- 1 375 ml box of spaghetti - whole wheat highly suggested
- 20-25 pre-cooked, frozen chicken meatballs
- 2-3 cups of water (plus as needed at the end)
- (canned mushrooms if wanted)
- Pour one jar into the bottom of the crockpot, spreading out evenly,
- Break the spaghetti in half, fitting the whole box into the crockpot on top of the pasta sauce.
- Pour half a cup of water over top of the spaghetti.
- Pour the other jar of sauce over the spaghetti.
- Place the meatballs on top of the sauce.
- Cook on high for two hours.
- (If you have a super hot crockpot, check the ingredients at 1½ hours to make sure the sauce isn't burning on the sides)
- Remove the lid, add another 2 cups of water and stir all the ingredients.
- Cook for another hour until the noodles are tender and the meatballs are cooked to 165 in the middle.
- *White flour pasta may cook a lot faster!
- Add enough water to thin out the sauce to your liking. The sauce can be strong at this point, so taste test and add water to thin it out.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/healthy-crockpot-spaghetti-meatballs/