Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: dessert,cake,rhubar
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 cups of finely chopped rhubarb tossed and coated with a tablespoon of flour
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- Prepare a 13×9-inch pan by greasing the sides then pouring the melted butter into the bottom.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the melted butter. Arrange those delicious strawberries on the brown sugar.
- Now sprinkle evenly with rhubarb. Press those beautiful strawberries and rhubarb gently into brown sugar.
- Cream your butter and sugars together, then whip in the eggs and vanilla until the mixure is light and fluffy.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Alternating between the dry mixture and sour cream, add them into the butter mixture with your mixer on low speed.
- Add in two cups of chopped rhubarb that has been dusted in flour, to help it not sink. Gently mix it in.
- Gently spread the batter over top of the strawberry/rhubarb mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, until it’s golden brown and a knife inserted comes out clean.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/rhubarb-upside-down-cake