Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups of flour
- 2½ tbsp of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- ¼ cup of water with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice added
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- Preheat your griddle.
- In a large bowl, whisk your dry ingredients together.
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Squeeze the lemon juice (two teaspoons full) and mix into the water, then add the water to the buttermilk. Beat your eggs, then add them into the buttermilk mixture as well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly pour the liquid ingredients in. Get your weekend helpers to mix, until just combined.
- On a well greased griddle. pour then spread out the batter to make circle shapes. This is a thick batter, you can’t just pour it into a perfect circle, you have to spread it out with a spoon.
- When the top is bubbled and the edges cooked, flip them over.
- Serve hot with maple syrup on top.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/buttermilk-pancakes