Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Recipe type: dessert,fudge,baking,chocolate
- one can of sweetened condensed milk 300ml
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla
- 9½ squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate
- one 230 gram bag of mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- In a large microwave safe bowl, and a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup works perfectly, combine the chocolate and condensed milk.
- Microwave for one minute, then stir, then again for 45 seconds. Keep stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Let it sit and cool a wee while and move on to the next step.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with tinfoil, leaving little handles on two sides so you can pull it out completely when the fudge is set.
- Chop up 15 or so of the cups, into quarters. Quarters made a perfect size for the fudge. I ended up with one cup of chopped pieces, perfect.
- Make sure you let the chocolate mixture cool for a while, so that these don’t melt right away.
- Mix it into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spread it into the tinfoil lined pan then chop up the rest of the peanut butter cups, smaller this time, and press into the top of the fudge.
- Refrigerate a few hours then slice. It makes a nice 36 pieces of fudge.
- If you like peanut butter, this is the fudge for you. It’s like one amazing, maxed out peanut butter cup.
Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie at http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/peanut-butter-cup-fudge