Double Mint Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You had to know that if I mastered Double Chocolate Mint cookies that I had to stuff them with peppermint patties! I have a little addiction to stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
Double the mint flavor, double the amazing.
I’m so sorry I’m being evil again but sometimes it’s just so darn much fun coming up with crazy cookie concoctions. These had to wait until I got the perfect mint chocolate chip cookie recipe because I needed to make them double the mint, not just covered in chocolate cookie batter. I needed them to go above and beyond into the evil cookie stratosphere.
These most certainly entered the evil cookie stratosphere.
** Remember to join ZIPLIST to create your own online recipe box and then click SAVE on my recipe below to add it! I use my online recipe box ALL the time! **
- 1 cup of butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- ⅔ cup of cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- one package of PC Mint Chocolate Chips
- 15-20 miniature York Peppermint patties
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, making sure that the cocoa isn’t lumpy and is well mixed in.
- In your mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until it’s wonderfully light-colored and fluffy. Then add in your eggs, one at time, beating them in completely and toss in the vanilla as well.
- When the vanilla has been mixed in, slowly add in the dry mixture little by little, until it has all been added and mixed in thoroughly.
- Using the mixer on the lowest speed setting, add in the whole bag of chocolate chips and mix until they are just evenly through the wonderful chocolate dough goodness in the bowl.
- Take a large tablespoon of the batter and flatten it slightly on your palm.
- Take a peppermint patty and place on the dough.
- Top with another tablespoon of dough and round out nicely into a dome shaped cookie (see pictures below)
- Bake in the 350 degree oven that you have preheated, of course, for 15-17 minutes. Remember that the key to wonderful cookies is just under baking them by a minute or so and this is especially important with these cookies as the cocoa can dry things out. These will take longer than normal cookies due to their size.
- After a minute of so of cooling on the sheets, remove the cookies onto a rack to cool.
Here are two pictures of the stuffing technique, the batter is quite lovely to work with and these bake up like a charm!
Picture perfect stuffed cookies.
If you love mint and chocolate, these are a must. They don’t even qualify as a maybe, there is no getting away from the fact that you must make these.
Go forth and mintify!
I Love Being Evil Magpie