Right about now you are most likely thinking I have lost my mind or that spell check didn’t fix the title of this post. While you don’t have to worry about spell check – my sanity is forever in question – it is true that the title of this recipe seems like an accidental combination of two recipes.
Not at all.
I stumbled upon these little Cookie Dough Cupcake bites in the store and immediately knew that I wanted to try them in a cookie. The end result was a cookie that tasted like a cupcake, thanks to these gorgeous little bites of cupcake joy.
Once I had the dough made, I knew that I wanted to take these one step further, make them just that wee but more awesome.
Sprinkles make everything awesome.
Oh, these were yummy and made me squee over the sheer cuteness. Can you just see these at a baby shower? A birthday party? They are so party perfect! You can see that I left out the sprinkles on one batch and while they do taste great, they are missing the cute factor for sure!
The little cupcake bites really so make these taste like cupcake cookies and you can play with the amount of bites that you use in the cookies. More cupcake bites, more cupcake taste!
Happy baking everyone!
Thanks for stopping in and reading!
** Remember to join ZIPLIST to create your own online recipe box and then click SAVE on my recipe below to add it! I use my online recipe box ALL the time! **
- 2¼ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 package of Cookie Dough Cupcake Bites
- Sprinkles - optional
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the cupcake bites.
- Scoop out a tablespooon of cookie dough and if you are covering in sprinkles, roll into a ball.
- Fill a small saucer full of sprinkles and roll the cookie ball in the sprinkles until it's covered.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press the cookies flat with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.