Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is the best thing since since sliced bread. Actually, it’s also amazing ON sliced bread, come to think of it. This is my easy, no muss, no fuss Buffalo chicken recipe that I depend on whenever I need to slack for dinner and in March I am cheating GALORE.
My house is a disaster, my children are eating processed food galore while their parents are out gallivanting to the various fabulous Edmonton food events that we are swamped with this time of year and when I am not working on the Culinary Arts Cook Off, I am working on another huge project that’s TBA soon. Hopefully very soon.
God, I hate vague-blogging, but I have to, I’m not supposed to say a word yet.
IT’S DRIVING ME CRAZY.
So, vague-blogging aside, this is a recipe that you need in your back pocket. It’s very basic, you cook the chicken in Frank’s Red Hot – and it has to be a good hot sauce, your favorite one- and strong chicken broth. Once the meat cooks all day in your crockpot and it’s time to serve it, it literally falls apart and is saturated with hot sauce goodness!
So I guess I still am cooking these days, I just can’t help it. When Mike and I are home, I am cooking. Again, I had TWO places to be tonight, a Food Blogger’s meet up here in Edmonton and a school meeting about the plans for Highlands school.
Guess what I chose?
Yip. Someone else will be asking my questions at the school meeting and relaying the information. I need out. I am playing hooky dang it! I need out with like-minded
crazies people and perhaps a glass or three of wine.
Happy cooking everyone! I hope you enjoy this, let me know what you think!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breats
- 1 Cup Frank’s RedHot Original
- 1 cup of strong chicken broth
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Mix together the hot sauce and the chicken broth, then pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove from the sauce and then shred. Place on sandwiches, wraps or even a fabulous salad.
- You can drizzle a little of the sauce from the crockpot on top of the chicken to add extra flavour and zing!